generic subpage image

Successful Transition & Readiness Programs

Meet Our Staff & Mentors

SWilliams2019

Dr. Stacie Williams

Director

I am honored to lead and be a part of the STAR Success Team! We are dedicated to assisting each student in having a successful transition to USC Aiken and to making wonderful college memories. Each student who chooses to become a part of STAR Programs becomes a part our team. We hope you'll choose to join us!

Feel free to contact me at 803-641-3321 or at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Amanda

Dr. Amanda Warren

English Faculty 

The First PACE program is something near and dear to my heart. My mission as an English professor, Director of the Writing Center, and a first-generation college student is to help prepare First PACE students for college writing across the curriculum. 

Words of Encouragement: College is hard. Anyone who tells you differently isn't being very honest. Remember though, the best and most rewarding things in life are often difficult, and I know that each student entering the First PACE program can rise to meet any challenge set before them. Remember that you are not alone; the STAR staff and mentors are always ready to lend a hand, provide encouragement, and offer guidance. You can do this! 

Priscilla

Priscilla Raymond

STAR Program Tutor

I am a Senior majoring in Biology with a Pre-Med concentration. I enjoy music and spending time with family!

Words of Encouragement: "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" (Philippians 4:13)

Najha 2019

Najha "Naj" Smith

STAR Program Mentor & Lead Tutor

I am a junior secondary education major with concentration in chemistry and a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated as well as the Z-HOPE coordinator.

Words of Encouragement: I believe in every student that comes into the program. College is what you make of it, and as long as you are willing to accept help and utilize it, you will go far. Every student has their strengths and weaknesses. The goal is to make your weaknesses a little stronger and take your strengths to incredible heights. I know without a shadow of a doubt that you all will do great. Let's hope you believe that too.

Madison

Madison Willis

STAR Program Lead Mentor

I am a Senior Biology Major. I plan to pursue a career as a forensic scientist after graduation. I have a strong passion for helping others, and I have been a First PACE team member for 3 years. Every day, my ultimate goal is to make sure each student has everything they need to have a smooth transition to the college life and have a successful freshman year at USC Aiken.

Words of Encouragement: I believe that every student who comes into the First PACE program has the power to do something great in this world. Everyone is different. We all have different strengths, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes but the one thing everyone in this program has in common is you are all here for a reason. Also, keep in mind that education is something that nobody in this world can take away from you; it is yours forever. Come in with an open mind, and know that education is the most powerful weapon that can be used to change the world.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah La-Mar Brazzell

STAR Program Tutor

I know starting college is an intimidating but exciting new step in your life. That's what we're here for. I'm excited to meet and get to know you guys through the First PACE program. I was a participant through this during my freshman year, so, hopefully, being a junior now, I'll have some wisdom to share. Either way, let's make this school year great!

Megan

Megan Elizabeth Canney 

STAR Program Tutor

I am a sophomore nursing major here at USCA. I am originally from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, but I love living in Aiken now. I am very excited to meet and work with the First PACE and STAR Program students this year!

Words of Encouragement: "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." -Paul Brandt

Briana

Briana Scarborough

STAR Program Tutor

I am a psychology major from Columbia, SC. I am currently the NAACP Vice President of the chapter here on campus. My hobbies are writing and listening to music. I love helping people no matter what the circumstance is.

Words of Encouragement: Never give up on your dreams and goals. Achieving your goals isn’t easy but it is worth it in the end. 

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Woods Lipford 

STAR Program Tutor

I am a junior math and computer science major concentrating in computer science. I have also played percussion in two USC Aiken bands and been involved in USC Aiken's BCM.

Words of Encouragement: Everyone learns differently, so feel free to let me know how I can best help you. I look forward to meeting you all!

Anna Alise

Anna Alise Hawcroft

STAR Program Tutor

I am a freshman engineering student who is also a tutor in the Writing Center and a teaching assistant in the English Department. I am passionate about helping students succeed.