Be aware of all the marked exits and posted evacuation routes from your building.
- When the building evacuation alarm is sounded (fire alarm) or when you are ordered to leave by the BEC staff or first responder (silent evacuation), stop what you are doing (if you can safely) and walk quickly to the nearest marked exit.
- BECs make sure that all students/faculty have evacuated the classrooms/labs; after checking a room to make sure it is empty, close the door.
- Assist the disabled in exiting the building or escort them to your building ‘Area of Rescue Assistance’ (ARA) if safe to do so, unless otherwise directed (see last page).
- To the best of your ability, and without re-entering the building, assist the Police/BEC in their attempt to determine that everyone has evacuated.
- Once outside, proceed to your parking lot rally point for further instructions, unless otherwise directed. BECs will account for all building occupants and provide first responders with a list of anyone not accounted for.
- Do Not return to a building until told to do so by BEC or the all clear signal is sounded (emergency signal pulse steady)