Welcome to the USC Aiken school counselor page.
The Office of Admissions enjoys the relationships with school counselors that we have and the new ones that we can begin. We are always looking for new ways to enhance our relationships with all of you, and this webpage is one of them.
2019 School Counselor Holiday Business Luncheon
As we enter the holiday season, please join us at USC Aiken for good food, renewal of friendships, and the sharing of information to help you and your students navigate the college admissions process. Plus, we’ll have just a bit of friendly competition!
We're happy to host your entire school counseling staff, so come join us. Please RSVP for yourself or your team, using the button below.
High School Course Requirements
Students should prepare for the challenges at USC Aiken by taking a strong college preparatory curriculum in high school. High school course selection, standardized test scores, and an Admissions Index are all used to determine admissibility.
What Students Need to Apply
- USC Aiken Application for Admission (Online Preferred)
- $45 Application Fee (We do accept SAT/ACT fee waivers. However, we only waive $25 of the application for admission fee. A student will have to submit $20 for the application fee)
- Official High School transcript
- Official test score
USC Aiken Junior Scholars Program
We invite high school counselors to nominate high school juniors for our USC Aiken Junior Scholars Program. Students nominated to the program receive several benefits including the application for admission fee waived. To be considered, nominees should:
- rank in the top 15 percent of their junior class, and
- score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT, or 100 PSAT (critical reading/math) or 21 ACT or PLAN
- participate in a college prep curriculum
- participate in at least two extracurricular activities
School counselors will need to fill out the USC Aiken Scholars Nomination Form and send it back to USC Aiken Office of Admissions by February 1.
We welcome group tours of all sizes to USC Aiken. We tailor each group from high school to 8th grade groups where we will do an admissions presentation, student panel (depends on time of year), walking campus tour and lunch in our dining hall.