- Registrar Home
- Graduation Information
- Schedule of Classes
- Schedule Planners
- Exam Schedule
- Self Service Carolina
- Semester GPA Calculation
- Academic Calendars
- Transcript Request
- Refund Information
- Program Bulletins
- Notification of Student Rights ( F.E.R.P.A.)
- Grade Forgiveness Policy
- Probation and Suspension Policy
- CLEP Credit and Challenge Exam Information
How to Order a USCA Transcript
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 requires that all transcript requests be in writing, signed and dated by the person to whom the record belongs.
A transcript form is available in the Records Office, Room 109 of the Penland Administration Building or you may simply send a written request.
The Transcript Request Form is also available on the web. To download the form click here:
-- Transcript Request Form (.pdf)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print this form.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT INFORMATION
- Only complete official USC transcripts for all terms enrolled are issued and will include course work from all USC campuses. USC does not issue unofficial transcripts.
- An official transcript is issued only at the authorization or written, signed request of the student as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
- Transcripts will not be processed without required payment. Payment by check, money order or credit card must accompany your request or it will be returned to you. Please make checks and money orders payable to USC. Transcript fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- USC does not fax transcripts.
- Once a transcript request has been submitted it cannot be cancelled or changed.
- Normal transcript processing is 2-3 business days after receiving the request.
REQUEST AN ELECTRONIC PDF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
- To request a PDF transcript, you must log in to Self Service Carolina at my.sc.edu and select the Student Records tab, then click the "Request Your Electronic PDF Transcript" link. This ordering service is only available if you are currently enrolled or if you attended the University of South Carolina beginning Fall 2007 or after. If you attended beginning Fall 2007 or after and receive an error message while attempting to request your PDF transcript, please contact our office at USCTRANS@mailbox.sc.edu. The University of South Carolina implemented a new student information system and your academic record must be entered on the new student system. **THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE USING SELF SERVICE CAROLINA**
- Before placing your order, you are responsible for verifying with the recipient that they will accept your transcript as a PDF document. Once an order has been processed, it cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- PDF transcripts are $12.00 per recipient and are e-mailed to the recipient. You are responsible for providing a valid email address. The recipient will have 30 days and fiveopportunities to access and download your transcript after receiving the email. Once expired, the PDF transcript cannot be resent.
- The University of South Carolina has authorized AVOW Transcript Ordering Services to provide PDF transcripts that are secured by a digital certificate, that ensures that the transcript has been prepared and delivered by the University of South Carolina, Office of the University Registrar and is original and unaltered.
- Review our Electronic PDF Transcript FAQs before placing an order for your transcript. .
REQUEST AN OFFICIAL PAPER TRANSCRIPT BY MAIL OR FAX
All transcripts (paper and PDF) are $12.00. Complete the Official Transcript Request form. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print this form.
You may also send a written request (please print) with the following information:
| Mail to:
|| Fax to:
|Office of the University Registrar||OR||(803) 777-6349|
|University of South Carolina|
|516 South Main St.|
|Columbia, SC 29208-0001|
REQUEST AN OFFICIAL PAPER TRANSCRIPT IN PERSON:
- You may come by our office at 516 S. Main Street to receive a copy of your transcript or to request that your transcript be released to a third party. You must bring with you:
Fax machines are available for student use on the USC Aiken campus. The fax machines are located in the Campus Shop and the Gregg-Graniteville Library.
Please Note: University policy prohibits issuing transcripts to any student indebted to the University. The issuance of partial transcripts is also strictly prohibited.