Pacer Downs is an apartment community located on campus, directly behind the Sciences Building.
The staff of Pacer Downs can be contacted by phone 803-641-3768 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be glad to answer your questions or help you with your needs. There is a Resident Mentor on duty that can be reached after office hours at 803-349-5917 for assistance or an emergency. The Pacer Downs office is located next to University Police and the Pacer Market in the Community Center.
There are 23 buildings containing 91 individual apartment units (approximately 800 square feet each) housing 364 students in Pacer Downs. Each apartment contains two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a furnished living area, and a fully equipped kitchen. Apartments are furnished with beds and desks in the bedrooms, a couch, coffee table and chair in the living room, and a kitchen table with 4 chairs.
The living area provides space for students to gather, watch TV or study. When it's time to do laundry, residents will find a card-operated laundry facility on site. And U.S. mail is delivered right to Pacer Downs. Each apartment has its own locked mailbox. If larger parcels are sent, they will be left at the office for students to pickup.
Some of the features you can expect in Pacer Downs:
- Share a two bedroom suite with two baths, furnished living/dining area and kitchen
- Be within walking distance of classes, campus dining, activities, and many support services
- Participate in educational and social programs planned by the Resident Mentors (RM's) to help you adjust to college life
- Live in a safe environment with 24-hour Public Safety coverage
- Pacer Net (Connect your computer in the suite with direct high-speed internet access) or Ethernet ports
- Cable Television
- All utilities provided (except telephone)
- On-site laundry facilities
- Ample parking (free but permit required - register at Public Safety)
- Snack and drink machines
- Onsite mail delivery (weekdays only)
Double Rooms (2 people per bedroom)
$2,440 per semester proposed for 2016/17.
Rates are subject to change depending on Board of Trustees approval.
Pacer Downs 1-2
Pacer Downs 3-4-5
Pacer Downs 6-7
Pacer Downs 8-9
Pacer Downs 10-11
Pacer Downs 12-13
Pacer Downs 14-15
Pacer Downs 16-17
Pacer Downs 18-19
Pacer Downs 20-21
Pacer Downs 22-23